Lead a team to develop software to meet customer needs and ensure its continued high performance after it is launched.
- Work with team members to design innovative software programs that improve and simplify data capture, analysis, and presentation for customers
- Oversee projects and lead junior developers.
- Research, develop, implement and manage software that meets and exceeds the needs of the company
- Professionally maintain all software and create updates regularly to address customer and company concerns
- Provide oversight and leadership of testing and evaluation of new programs
- Review and approve modifications to existing programs.
- Review and manage operational practicality trading of risk and recommend action.
- Ensure quality assurance and control of programs
- Lead deployment of software tools, processes, and metrics
- Coach and train other team members to ensure all employees are confident in the use of software applications
- Keep up to date on the newest technological innovations in the field and be ready to apply relevant innovations to our software systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Software Engineering, Software Programming, or related field.
- 10 years of experience developing and implementing software applications
- Mastery of SQL and Python
- Extensive experience with DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering
- Experience managing large-scale software projects
PERSONAL SKILLS & KEY COMPETENCIES
- Proactive approach to problem-solving as well as a detailed understanding of coding is essential.
- Positive teamwork approach.
- Adept at establishing partnerships and building trusted relationships.
- Creativity and innovation
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills are essential
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- The ability to communicate complex procedures to other colleagues
- Embraces and demonstrates commitment to continuous improvement
- Knowledge and interest in computer systems and the latest technologies